A Private Equity business is successfully growing and offers its employees a positive, collegiate workplace environment as well as career progression. The business has high calibre people that enjoy working for an organisation that is commercial, open and encourages the finance team to add value. There is a focus on integrity and accountability.
The business is complex and requires someone with an SME Financial Services background, ideally in Private Equity, Real Estate, PERE, Asset Management or similar to join them in a Senior Accounting position that reports into the Finance Director. The Role
This is a senior and high profile opportunity that, although it does not offer direct reports, requires leadership to drive results. You will take ownership and be provided with autonomy to complete deliverables.
As part of a smaller team, there is a broad and varied list of duties that will vary over time and will include numerous ad-hoc pieces of work and analysis.
You will have the ability to both build relationships and influence decisions.
The role will be part of a finance team that requires 'hands on' accounting to get into the detail and to drive efficiencies.
Your Skills & Experience
- Preparation of the group financial reporting
- Monthly consolidated management accounts
- provision of insightful commentary and analysis, budgeting & forecasting support
- Produce the financials for the quarterly board report and monthly executive summary for senior management
- Be a point of contact for the auditors
- Take charge of the accounts of all entities within the Group including corporates and partnerships
- Financial Analysis and ad-hoc analysis for senior management
- audit preparation and will offer support and advice to the wider business
- Maintain and own the integrity of financial records
- Tax: review and filing of tax returns including corporation and partnership tax, VAT, PSA and P11D
You will be degree educated and a qualified Accountant and have Financial Services experience.
The role will manage multiple deadlines and complex information, therefore you will need to prioritise and have great attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills and strong commercial acumen to manage internal and external stakeholders will also be key. You will be a hands-on problem solver with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.