A leading international insurance organisation, based in Salford Quays, are looking to recruit an experienced Pensions Technical Adviser to assist them during an extremely busy period.The Role and Responsibilities of the Pensions Technical Adviser position will include:
The successful individiaul will;
- Responsible for identifying and interpreting relevant pension technical information and changes in pension related legislation to ensure compliance.
- Provide guidance on interpreting the pension trust deed and rules.
- Advise on pension administration and governance best practice and compliance with statutory time frames.
- Provide pensions technical support and thought leadership on key data integrity and other trustee projects and report to the Pensions management team and the Trustee on progress.
- Responsible for quality assurance review of all Pensions process documentation and policies.
- Facilitate access to and develop training for members of the Pensions team.
- Provide peer review, technical support and guidance to team members as required.
- Support the attainment of suitable professional qualifications by team members.
- Facilitate training to the Trustees as required to assist in compliance with TKU requirements required by the Pensions Regulator.
- Support the management, insurance and operation of group life schemes and its income protection scheme, as required.
- Support in the development and review of pension communications to employees, pension scheme members and key stakeholders.
- Advise on the integration of acquisitions and management of divestments from a pension and insured risk perspective.
- Ensure Scheme documentation and records are maintained and meet statutory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting deadlines with appropriate authorities.
- Act as escalation point / case review manager for IDRP and complaints cases and oversee the maintenance of trustee and corporate risk incident management reporting.
- Provide quality assurance review of delegated discretions as required by the Pensions Technical Team Manager.
- Oversee the management of the internal Pensions Technical Mailbox.
- Have proven experience within a pensions role
- Have strong communication skills
- Be comfortable interacting with internal stakeholeders
- Be available at short notice
If you would like to apply for this Pensions Technical Adviser role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Walters People on or .