BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain's economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients' ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 6,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £660m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 92,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $10bn.Overview
- The role will primarily be to manage project delivery of independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure.
- The Manager will work as part of a dedicated team and will take responsibility for running the technical aspects of the project, to ensure the assignment is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- They will manage the dedicated team and supervise the process to ensure our independent reviews are of high quality and our offering is tailor-made to suit the client's needs. The manager will be a point of escalation both internally and for the client, and will confidently deal with difficult situations.
- The manager should also be actively involved in business development, and should actively seek opportunities to grow the business.
- Manage a service charge client relationship, including dealing with all technical queries from the client
- Deal with multiple deadlines, demonstrate flexibility, and prioritise tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments
- Exercise sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion
- Manage the dedicated client team on a day-to-day basis
- Be a major point of contact for the client together with the Director / Partner. This
includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping
clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and
maintaining regular contact with clients
- Confidently lead meetings with the client as appropriate
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with the client, especially at senior
management level, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' business
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the service charge team
- Oversee financial management of the project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue release
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to, and deliver high quality documents
- Keep up to date with industry developments including technical guidance
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BSO,
and inform the Partner and client. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in
marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and
suggest innovative products and services
- Have a good understanding of the business/GO strategy, both long term & short term,
and cascade this within the team
- Take responsibility for managed targets
- Be proactive in driving forward business development
- Participating in recruitment activities
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop junior members of staff within team
- Delegate work appropriately to the team
- Lead transitions and client take-on where appropriate
- Work as part of management team with other BSO (e.g. efficiency improvements). Managers
- Work alongside Directors to lead at least one non-client project/ad-hoc piece of work.
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification with 3+ years' experience post qualification
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Experience providing assurance/audit services is essential
- Experience managing junior staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
The role will primarily be to manage project delivery of independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure.