: Permanent Full TimeStart date
: July 2021Salary:
£35,000 per annumJOB OVERVIEW
The Advanced Practitioner (Teaching and Learning) will support the use and development of the Virtual Learning Environment according to the network frameworks, Blended Learning, multimedia, classroom technology and tools to enhance online and classroom assessment feedback. There may be other technologies which enhance learning which would be included in this role.
The role of the Advanced Practitioner (Teaching and Learning) is a cross-centre role, which is aimed at providing our curriculum team with support, coaching and professional development. The role requires the individual to be flexible, as well as a team player, as this a multifaceted role with multiple stakeholders. They will work with the Head of Quality Assurance and Enhancement to support the enhancement of learning and teaching across the Centre. They will train and coach teachers, as well as support them with their development of their classroom teaching, as well as learning technology skills, with the specific aims of enhancing the learning and teaching in the centre, increasing student engagement and advancing student outcomes.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Training and Coaching.
- To identify e-learning training needs and bring to the attention of the Head of Quality Assurance and Enhancement (HQE) and the Deputy Centre Director (DCD) at centre level and at network level as appropriate
- To Support the HQE with the delivery of the Centre Staff Development Plan.
- To keep abreast of, seek out new ideas, and disseminate best practice related to learning, teaching and assessment which includes emerging educational technologies.
- To contribute to the development of the peer and evaluative observation policy and like support the professional development of MW1 teachers who consistently facilitate good or improved learning and progress both in the classroom and with on-line resources.
- To participate with the HQE, DCD and the relevant Heads of Subject in the training and coaching of teachers in workshops when necessary, particularly to teachers who have observations where practice requires development to enable them to move to effective practice.
- To contribute to the training and induction of new teachers in order to develop confidence in the teaching deployed in our classrooms and online.
- To work with the HQE and academic management teams to develop innovative learning methods and resources, both for the classroom and online, and cascade them across the centre's subject areas to improve learning, teaching and assessment.
- To work with the HQE and relevant managers to ensure that lesson observation plans, and subsequent development plans are appropriate and effective and that the link into the centre's Teaching, Learning and Assessment strategy.
- Support &/or pilot new software and hardware, liaising with the Network IT Services, HEI partner, Technology and E-Learning team and the Deputy Centre Director.
- To support with Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) learning needs/challenges and to maintain and enhance e-learning skills development
- To support the implementation of the network initiatives in teaching, learning and assessment, such as the current VLE Framework policy by supporting the production of case study and training materials.
- To work with the HQE and/or DCD and relevant Heads of Subject to promote the use of technology and participation on relevant on-line courses to support improvements in line with the centre's Learning, Teaching and Assessment strategy.
- To raise awareness of E-safety issues and copyright awareness to both students and staff, to coordinate activities on Safer Internet Day.
- To attend internal workshops, external conferences, and exhibitions; disseminate learning from these accordingly to centre teams, network and on Workplace where appropriate.
- Student learning experience
- Assist the Centre's Student Experience team by the delivery of sessions during student induction.
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a maximum teaching load of 5 hours per week
- Be responsible for the recruitment and management of the Student Digital Leaders group
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Assist colleagues with monitoring data on student usage of digital resources
- To contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures associated with learning teaching and assessment working with the HQE
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Centre Director, Deputy Centre Director and Head of Quality Assurance and Enhancement.
Advanced Practitioner own professional development
- To deliver training and development to other Advanced Practitioners across the Study Group network in e-learning and teaching where appropriate
- To take opportunities to access online learning to develop AP's own skills, observe current practice and disseminate that learning
- Undergraduate and or postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- PGCE/ Cert Ed or other relevant teaching qualification e.g. CELTA/ DELTA.
- We welcome candidates who would be willing to build a portfolio of their e-Learning practice in order to become a CMALT.
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and preferably experience of working with international students.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring individual staff which has raised standards.
- Experience of conducting evaluative observations and making evaluative judgements in line with an educational institution's observation policy.
- Experience of using technology to support assessment/monitoring which has resulted in improvements in the quality of assessment.