Motor Claims Handler
Location: West London, close to Royal Oak tube station
Hours: Mon to Fri - 9:00 to 5:30
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 depending on skills & knowledge
We have a wonderful opportunity to join a well-established and growing independent insurance broker based in West London.
You will be joining a small, specialist motor team who focus on primarily on niche fleet and HNW private motor portfolios. Supporting the Claims Manager you will be dealing with clients & insurers handling all aspects of claims from first notification of loss to closure, ensuring the smooth progress of claims and focusing 100% on client service.
Duties will include:
- Recording first notification of loss
- Obtaining claims information and documents
- Communicating with adjusters, engineers and repairers
- Negotiating settlements with insurers on behalf of client
- Pro-active approach in ensuring the progress of claims
- Keeping clients updated on the status of their claim
- Resolving any queries from insurers or clients
- Ensuring all paper and digital files are accurately maintained
- Adherence to FCA and company protocols
- Updating the digital claims management system
This is a busy and dynamic environment with an emphasis on technical expertise and service. Therefore, candidates MUST have strong customer care skills from a motor claims background and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. This is a key position in a small team of specialists, so candidates will need to have solid and recent motor insurance experience, from a broking, insurer or claims management company background. Confidence with IT systems and Claims Management software is required.
There is no shift patterns and no weekend working.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.