Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow/Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit 3x Delivery Managers for initial 6 month contracts on a rate of £550-£580/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances these roles will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
• Build and maintain a motivated and collaborative team, ensuring they are working effectively
• Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them, balancing multiple priorities, identifying and dealing with ambiguity
• Supporting cross-functional project teams for complex product launches and projects
• Help the team balance their capacity against demand
• Leading the team to perform as an effective part of the Agile Release Train
• Acts as a resource to unblock and enable the whole team, breaking down silos with between teams
• Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services, making clear, pragmatic and manageable plans
• Drive delivery through the implementation and running of appropriate agile tools and techniques
• Ensuring the teams plans and deliverables are accurately detailed in Jira
• Updating workstream in appropriate tools i.e. Jira and Confluence
• Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
• Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques (inc. working with the Community of Practice and the agile coaches)
• Ensure that all products are built using the appropriate programme design standards, preparing the team for assurance processes.
• Manage coordination and delivery of engagement with Senior Responsible Owner and Programme Governance, ensuring that governance is effective and efficient
• If required, take responsibility for identifying appropriate contractual frameworks and suppliers, and manage complex relationships once suppliers are in place in order to meet expectations and achieve value for money
• Actively participate in the agile community of practice
• Servant-leading a high-performing, continuously delivering, cross-functional development possibly in a role such as Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Delivery Manager
• Proven record of agile delivery in a complex and fast moving environment
• Agile product development using a user centred, design practices
• Understanding context and requirements, from different areas of the organisation, including product management and service design.
• Planning and delivering in Jira and Jira Advanced Roadmaps
• Delivery of effective agile team metrics using tools such as Jira that will contribute to the overall Portfolio view
• Awareness of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) delivery approach
• Awareness of GDS or Digital First Service Standards as part of project delivery
• Effective support and coaching approaches to develop Agile and Scrum techniques across the team
• Strong interpersonal skills - written, oral, presentation
If you would like to hear more about these opportunities please get in touch.