A mental health charity currently requires a Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. Based in Edgware with flexible working.
You will be responsible for;
- To support the day to day operation and preparation of management accounts, variance analysis, forecasts, budgets; and all other relevant reporting requirements to meet financial and organisational deadlines.
- To support the information needs of the CEO and SLT; and to develop such reports to meet these needs ensuring that Management receive these in an accurate and timely manner.
- To assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget, the preparation of Business Reviews and Business Plans where relevant in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
- To assist the organisation and other departments with tender processes, contract negotiations and grant applications where relevant.
- To provide support to the key finance functions of purchase ledger, sales ledger, cashiers and the property function as required to agreed standards.
- The reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts is to be provided, to maintain all financial records to ensure financial compliance and assist in the preparation of information for audit files and liaison with our auditors for the year end audit in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
- To liaise with non-financial unit managers and provide financial advice, budget analysis and information in order to assist them in their decision making. Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and all others responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Analysing and reporting on financial performance
- Managing annual audit and liaising with external auditors
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Managing internal controls.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests from Trustees
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance department
- Various ad-hoc finance projects relating to property, reserves, funds, grants etc
- Qualified Accountant. or Qualified by experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years current relevant experience.
- Charities experience would be beneficial
- Excel, Xero, Outlook
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy and spread sheet skills .
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.