We are seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our busy finance department at our head office in Aylesbury on a permanent part time basis 20 hours a week.
You will work as part of a small team and ideally have all round accounts experience with a minimum of 4 years experience.
- Assisting the Accounts Controller and Finance Director with maintaining the accounting and financial records within a small administration office
- Handling payments and receipts
- Daily bank reconciliations, credit control, payroll, cash forecasts,
- Helping to prepare management accounts
- Ad hoc accounting related tasks as and when might be required.
- Flexibility to take on other tasks when necessary, and provide holiday and sickness cover
You will have:
- IT skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience of accounting software and/or payroll functions
- Knowledge of MS Navision and /or Sage payroll would be an advantage.
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years accounts experience in all aspects of accounting, possibly part qualified AAT or similar accounting qualification
- A methodical approach to keeping written and electronic records, and problem solving
- A high degree of confidentiality, and good interpersonal skills
You must be:
- Accurate, organised, methodical and thorough, with great attention to detail
- Pro-active, approaching all tasks and issues with urgency and enthusiasm
- Numerate and accurate, able to manage complicated situations effectively
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- A clear and concise communicator and a team player