Interim External Reporting Accountant, with technical expertise in IFRS and financial external reporting required for 6 months.Interim External Reporting Accountant
The candidate will be a key member of the External Reporting Team - reporting directly to External Reporting Finance Manager.
As a member of the External Reporting team the candidate will be responsible for the accurate production and timely delivery
of financial reporting (including elements of the Group's Full Year Results, Half Year Results and Subsidiary entity accounts).
The candidate will interact closely with colleagues across Finance and the wider business and will play an active role in shaping and developing the team while embedding a culture of strong controls and continuous improvement.
The External Reporting Accountant will be required to support the Finance Manager and wider Finance Department as a whole; responsible for the execution of the external reporting processes. This includes complying with Group reporting policy and providing policy support, under the guidance of the Finance Manager to the wider Finance community. Activities include generation of reporting and supporting schedules, working closely with the wider Finance teams to validate and explain financial reporting outputs and support the team in responding to audit requests.
- A member of the External Reporting team responsible for executing External Reporting processes including financial analysis, system report generation, production of external reporting and financial review
- Helping to embed a strong controls culture in the team and one of continuous improvement
- Liaise with Group tax departments on taxation disclosures/reporting
- Responsibility for supporting the year end and half year end processes, preparing/generating reporting in accordance with IFRS and relevant statutory reporting requirements
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation, under the guidance of the Finance Manager, of elements within the Annual Report, Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the year end audit and the interim review
- Responsibility for compliance with the audit process, ensure information requests and deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group's auditors on time
- Support in the preparation of financial statement submissions for the Group's subsidiaries and ensuring within deadline are tracked
- Presenting reporting and submission updates to the Finance Manager and support the preparation of updates to governance committees (Audit)
- Responsible for adhering to financial reporting policy
- Implement new accounting standards and other external reporting requirements, working with colleagues across finance to embed the required processes
- Support in the development of relevant Group reporting policies and manuals, providing insight across Commercial Finance as well as other teams. Contribute to commercial projects such as acquisitions; providing guidance and advice on reporting implications
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
? Qualified ACA with 4+ years PQE, including experience within a large-scale plc reporting environment
? Strong academics; minimum 2,1 at degree level
? Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
? Keen interest in financial reporting advancements and practical implications