Harris Primary Academy Kenley currently looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join its team of specialists.
The actual salary for this role will be £9,376 (based on £22,185 FTE).Your opportunity
Join a dedicated and supportive teaching and support team here at Harris Primary Academy Kenley. This role is an exciting and rewarding entry-level position for an individual looking to take their first step in education. As a Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Liaise with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented;
- Attend to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters;
- Establish good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;.
This role is an exciting and rewarding entry-level position for an indiviudal looking to take their first step in education.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career, whether in our central team or in one of our 48 academies. Join us in our mission to positively contribute to cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will possess:
About Harris Primary Academy Kenley
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Experience working with SEND pupils in specialist/mainstream setting who have a neurodiverse profile, specifically Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
Harris Primary Academy Kenley opened in September 2013. We have more than 400 lively young minds at our Academy. Children are supported to be the best they can be by our dedicated teachers and support staff.
Harris Primary Academy Kenley is an outstanding school. It is outstanding not just because of the academic achievements of the pupils but for many other reasons too. The pupils are diligent, polite and hard working. They have a love for learning and an inquisitive nature. The staff at the academy are talented and dedicated and our parents and wider community support what we do.Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kenley?
- The opportunity to work in an 'Outstanding' school, with exceptional support from the academy and the Harris Federation
- A flourishing and diverse school with a wonderful and welcoming community
- Conveniently located for public transport and connections into London
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and progression
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.