Changing the way people think about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.A quick look at the role
The Payroll Administrator
works within the Employee Services function providing effective, accurate and timely payroll support to all internal and external clients. You will maintain a high level of customer service and compliance with company operating procedures.*** Post Covid this will be a 'blended' role with time divided between home and our High Wycombe head office ***Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Work to agreed Standard Operating processes across all Payroll tasks
- Work within Employee Services agreed Service Level Agreements and KPI's
- Collate, verify, process and update Employee information to Payrite database
- Calculation of Pay period ammendments to HMRC guidelines & Contractural rules
- Timely end to end pay run processing on Weekly & Monthly frequencies
- First point of contact for clients of Employee Services regarding Payroll enquiries to ensure resolution of client enquiries within agreed timescales.
- Support stakeholders in the use of the Online Payroll System (OPS)
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the SOP to drive efficiency, accuracy and increased service levels to clients of Employee Services
- Administration of the eExpenses system
BenefitsAnd here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Confident with all Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with highly developed customer facing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines using own initiative.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Professional and customer-centric attitude
- Confidentiality and total discretion is paramount to this role
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow
- Generous pension scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
.Dedicated to diversity
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.