Working alongside the senior leadership team and reporting to the Finance Director in Hull you will be an ambitious and forward thinking Financial Controller who is keen to assist with implementing stronger reporting, producing more detailed Board packs, MI and KPIs. You will also be pivotal in helping to lead and communicate the financial strategy for the business,, whilst managing and mentoring a small finance team .
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a small team of finance staff to produce regular and ad hoc management information for the business to make key decisions.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Develop and control the company's annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Overseeing the finance system
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Develop and implement an internal audit and governance programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience, ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Manufacturing, construction, or engineering experience preferable.
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller with ambitions to take a step up in the future.
- Track record of working in SME business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within private equity and a great opportunity for an ambitious and energetic finance leader.
Salary up to £70,000 + car allowance and flexibility around a 4 day week .