NEW JOB - £22,000 to £26,000 per annum - Payroll - Full time - Permanent - Preston
Reed Accountancy Preston are proud to be partnering with a very successful business based in in South Preston, recruiting for a Payroller
to join the organisation on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a stable, progressive family business.
This role sits within the HR function, and reports to the HR Manager.
The office is spacious, and the team are friendly, Apply Now if this sounds like the type of business you want to work for!
Reporting into the HR Manager, your duties will include:
- Payroll, End to End, 480 weekly and 70 monthly staff
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in deductions, benefits, holiday/absences, salary amendments, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Accurately calculate employees' wages and necessary deductions in accordance with their contract and time and attendance record.
- Pay employees by completing the required systematic transfer as per their contractual schedule.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and other information when required.
- Calculate all statutory payments as and when required.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of all statutory deductions.
- Manage employees and employers pension contributions.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Determine the organisation tax obligations by calculating all taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
- Timely and accurate completion of all necessary HMRC documentation including P45, P11d and P60.
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies/queries; investigating where required.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Comply with all legislative requirement, stays up to date with any amendments and enforces adherence to requirements; advising management on actions when needed.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Familiarity with SAGE payroll software and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Processing all new starters and leavers.
- Competently calculate and process all payments (BACs, redundancy, settlement).
- Collaborate with other departments to accurately produce wage analysis reports.
- Maintain all electronic data files for employees for the required statutory period
- Comply with GDPR legislation
In return for your work, you will be rewarded with:
- Starting Salary £22,000 to £26,000 per annum DOE
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Hours of work : Monday to Friday 8am-5pm, 1 hr lunch
- Sick pay renews annually
- Covid Compliant workspace
- Free Onsite Parking
- Free tea/coffee and onsite cooking facilities
In order to be considered, you must have experience of running end to end Payroll.How to Apply - Click Apply Now making sure that your current up to date CV is attached.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.