About the team:
The Long Term Lending department supports the Bank by providing high quality mortgage administration support and high level of customer service to all internal and external customers of the Precise Mortgages New Build team whilst maintaining quality in assessment of key underwriting and completions documents. An individual and team responsibility to achieve Service Level Agreements (SLA) in accordance with annual targets and the Bank's policies and procedures.About us:
OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be responsible for key stakeholder management of inbound and outbound calls with brokers, solicitors and customers as well as driving pipeline chasing from full application to completion. The role involves providing high quality mortgage administration support and high level of customer service to all internal and external customers of the Precise Mortgages New Build team
Your responsibilities will include...
In return for your commitment:
- Deal with all relevant enquiries relating to underwriting and completions promptly, efficiently and in accordance with the Bank's service standards, policies and procedures and the UK Finance Mortgage Lenders Handbook for Conveyancers
- Respond to, solicitors, brokers and customers written and verbal communication in respect of queries relating to legal and underwriting matters within the New Build team
- Review underwriting conditions and where necessary chase any Post-Offer requests from Solicitors in order to satisfy and support a timely completion
- Instruct and interpret Valuation Reports
- Review and agree property reports and if necessary refer to valuer and assess the response
- Liaise with underwriters and stakeholders (where appropriate) on complex policy decisions
- Provide referral/ recommendations to Underwriters for offer approvals with rationale support.
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to management or the appropriate person in line with procedure
- Perform pre-offer and post offer pipeline chases to service level agreements
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between £20,000 - £22,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
Could you be the one?
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 12.5%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme.
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience/knowledge and qualifications set out below:
- Previous experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society is essential
- Detailed level of knowledge of FCA regulation re residential mortgages is essential
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively with a flexible approach and attitude is essential
- Basic knowledge of the mortgage product life cycle from application to completion, along with knowledge of the Data Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering, MCOBS, MMR and UK Finance Mortgage Lenders Handbook is essential
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.What to do next
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV! For internal applications, please visit the internal careers page to apply. The closing date is 21st June 2021.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favorable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you .
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.