Legal Float Secretary/Operations Assistant
Our prestigious client who is based in Hertfordshire is looking to recruit a Legal
Float/Operations Assistant. The role will need experience in the areas of law work within, Private Client, Family, Residential and Commercial Property, Property Litigation, Company Commercial, Employment, Dispute Resolution. You will be expected to work as a team member within the practice area and the firm. This is a full-time permanent job with superb benefits.Legal Secretarial Duties:
Operations Assistant duties:
- To provide secretarial and administrative support within the firm to cover holidays and absence.
- To liaise with clients (and third parties) by correspondence, telephone, or attendance. Answer queries and relay necessary information in a professional and confident manner
- To type a wide range of documents with speed and accuracy and paying attention to detail
- To draft routine correspondence
- To assist in the preparation and proof reading of legal documents
- To assist other members within the practice in organising their work effectively
- To build and maintain client relationships.
- To carry out any reasonable instruction from the Head Of Practice Area and other members of the team in a quick efficient manner
- To prepare bills, covering letters and take responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of unpaid bills to fee earners and carry out follow up tasks.
- To monitor client ledgers and liaise with fee earners regarding housekeeping matters, including dealing with accounting issues and file closures.
- To carry out procedural file reviews
- To maintain the orderly running of client files and update file labels and outlook with key dates as and when necessary
- To comply with the Firm's file management and file organisation procedures
- To comply with the Firm's, SRA and the Law Society's rules with regard to accounting procedures.
- To comply with all office procedures and standards
- Under the overall guidance of the relevant team member to assist in dealing with clients' matters in an efficient manner
- To record messages and attendances and to ensure that the relevant team member receives information in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To cover reception duties when required
- To assist with archiving
- To help with events
- To participate in the Operations practice area meetings
- To assist the Head of Operations and Senior Operations Assistant where appropriate
Salary £26k with excellent benefits!This is a great opportunity to work for a prestigious law firm. Contact Marie Kinchin on Ext. 307 to find out more information and the renumeration details.