Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
Our client is a world leader in sustainable paper based packaging and is the European leader in containerboard, corrugated and solid board packaging. Excellent customer service and quality are at the heart of what they do, they have a vision of being a market led company and becoming an indispensable partner to their customers, delivered through operational excellence and a highly engaged workforce.
There is a current opportunity for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, covering the production shifts, working within a complex engineering environment at Weston Super Mare. Engineers are responsible for providing a responsive engineering service ensuring high levels of machine availability, effectiveness, reliability with high safety & quality standards. The post holder must able to work both alone and as part of a team.Key responsibilities include:
Candidates selected for interview will require the following essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Identifying and preventing fault situations on all processing equipment and ancillary devices.
- Monitoring and adjusting both equipment & process conditions to ensure 'right first time' quality is achieved.
- Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations and routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
- Promoting a safe and continuous improvement working environment at all times.
- Assisting process installation and commissioning of new equipment.
In return our client offers:
- Proven Electrical & Mechanical ability to fault find.
- Minimum of 10 years electrical experience within a FMCG environment.
- Fully conversant and able to demonstrate experiences of PLC systems (Allen Bradley & Siemens) & various Drives plus a good understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Possess excellent diagnostic skills and a good level of IT skills.
- Good literacy, numeracy and problem solving skills, preferably qualified to HNC or HND level.
- Good communicator with the ability to listen & engage with all parties.
- Calm, approachable, with the ability to work well under pressure with great accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety working environment.
- Annual salary £41,408 p.a. plus overtime
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Regular bespoken training
- Employee assistance programme
- Company sick pay scheme and other employee benefits.
The Engineer is a key role for the company and an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation, with the ability to influence its success. The closing date is 18th June and we intend to contact you within 10 days of that date on the status of your application. Please apply now and follow the online process.