A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a small IT Managed Service Provider based in the South East of England. They are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join the team supporting their mostly Kent and central London-based clients. The company has recently acquired a number of impressive retained contracts.
Working autonomously with a portfolio of your own clients, you'll provide all aspects of 2nd Line Support to a selection of clients.
The role offers the flexibility to work from home when appropriate (when not on a client site). Naturally client facing communication skills are a pre-requisite.
Required skills at a 2nd line level:
- Mac OS.
- Windows OS.
- Window Server Support - Deployment experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Mobile configuration including IOS and Android.
- O365 & Google.
- Experience maintaining Sophos, Trend, ESET - Deployment experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Cloud storage such as Dropbox, Box, etc.
- Collaboration tools such as Slack, MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meet.
- Good understanding of network principles such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- An understanding of MDM solutions such as Jamf, Addigy, Cisco Meraki would be advantageous but not essential.
- A strong understanding of implementing & maintaining MS Sharepoint would be advantageous but not essential.
Personal & Experience:
- Experience in working on a help desk and occasionally on site.
- Someone who understands the importance of good customer service and building trusted relationships with clients. As an integrated IT support consultancy this is fundamental.
- As the role will include working on a helpdesk and in front of customers the applicant will need to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self motivated and proactive.
- Fast learner.