Exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer - 'Engineering the Extraordinary'
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Package - £33,850.00 - £42,000.00 (subject to skills and experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for an Electronics Design Engineer to support a wide range of technically challenging projects.
We currently have a role available covering the following disciplines and are interested in hearing from candidates with experience in any of the following:
- Analogue Electronics - including power regulation, SMPS, filters, interface circuits, transmission lines, electromagnetic control circuits, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Digital Electronics - including design using VHDL and verification
- Electromagnetics - including control theory, modelling & simulation
- RF Electronics and Radar - including transmitters, receivers and software defined radio
In growing our capability in these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work including the opportunity for overseas travel and secondments.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
- Finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Delivering hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for these roles, you will have an HNC / HND or higher qualification in an engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.