Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Retail Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service.The Hours: 22 hours per week. Flexibility with your working hours is key and there will be weekend & bank holiday working too. The 22 hours will be worked across 3 days a week.
The Salary: £8.91 per hour
Duration: 30 Jun 2022
What it's like to work here
Follow in the footsteps of dukes, earls and royalty as you explore a series of gardens, each with their own special charm. From the formality of the Parterre with its vibrant floral displays to the quirky statuary and topiary in the Long Garden, the gardens will delight you in every season.The formal gardens give way to secluded glades, tree-lined avenues and picturesque riverside with miles of woodland walks to discover.The house is now a luxury hotel, short guided tours have been postponded until further notice.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you'll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you're always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
As a key member of our retail team, you'll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you'll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
- Customer focused with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player, but also can work on your own initiative
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.