Our data services span a range of clients with different UK pension administration systems and our solutions are either delivered within the team, across several areas of the Willis Towers Watson business or in partnership with specialist external suppliers.
We have an increasing demand for individuals who understand the legacy Defined Benefit pension environment and the way that member data is held and processed by pension administrators. We have a need for individuals with technical expertise to help develop and implement technical solutions for a wide range of clients. The candidate will be client facing and will work closely with the Data Solutions management and technical leads. They will be responsible for delivering quality Data Solutions services for our clients and will play a leading role in a range of technical projects, taking responsibility for successful delivery and implementation of the work.The Role
- Take on the responsibilities of a client facing project lead as required, working directly with our customers to understand business requirements and the data solutions required to meet these objectives.
- Deliver advice and a range of deliverables to Pension Managers, Trustee boards and other key client contacts; liaising across a variety of seniority levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Engage collaboratively with the Data Solutions leads and team members to deliver quality services for clients.
- Prepare detailed action plans and strategies that meet the client's key requirements
- Help improve processes and deliverables for existing Data Solutions service lines
- Have regular and effective contact with administrators of all levels, suppliers, third party organisations and clients
We would expect the candidate to be effective crossing over from client consulting to business development as needed and show aptitude and keenness to further develop their commercial skills. We would expect the candidate to give close attention to the financial areas of our business by virtue of clear scoping, management of time and budgets and adherence to approved billing practices. From a business perspective you will work with Data Solutions management to promote best practices and new ideas within the data solutions team on a written or verbal basis. You will be expected to address client needs with a sharp business focus that helps maintain profitability and quality throughout the project life cycle and be self-motivated to meet hard deadlines on multiple client projects within a fast moving environment working closely with our dedicated project managers.What can we offer you?
The opportunity to develop a broad range of skills, working in a fast-growing business alongside a diverse, dynamic and collaborative team. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover and many other options.Please note that while the successful candidate can select any of our GB locations as their office base, all of our offices are currently closed with colleagues working from home. When our offices reopen, Willis Towers Watson will continue to offer flexible working opportunities, such as regular working from home and part-time working.The Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
- An ability to tailor delivery of complex or technical materials to the audience; ensuring that key issues are presented in a clear, concise and confident manner
- A proven track record in developing and managing several opportunities and projects simultaneously
- A demonstrable focus on client satisfaction, balanced with business needs
- Comfortable taking a proactive role to ensure client satisfaction through project work and willingness to grow new and existing client relationships
- Experience in leading and presenting at client meetings
- Experience in owning key financial areas of projects including pricing, scoping and billing
- Advanced knowledge of UK Pension Scheme provisions and legislation
- Knowledge of the role of the pensions administrator and the common UK administration systems
- A good working knowledge of data auditing, cleansing and GMP reconciliations preferable.
- A good understanding of manual benefit calculations and processes
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service.
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint