Responsible for business engagement, design and BA activities and deliverables on the companies IT platform.Client Details
My client a company based in Birmingham, a leader in the UK in the service they provide. Description
As part of the Business Analysis team,you will be responsible for business engagement, design and BA activities and deliverables on the company platform in the area you cover.
- to ensure that we support business requirements onto the platform by ensuring these requirements are valid and deliver benefits to the business
- also to ensure that these requirements are analysed properly and implemented as per business expectations, the implementation being ultimately ratified by our customers, usually via Show And Tells
- to ensure we provide adequate support in the resolution of In-Life issues when required
- to ensure we collaborate with our partners from other platforms, whatever organisational changes company decide to implement (PDU structure or other), in order to maximise benefits to our customers.
- To ensure that everything we do, we ultimately do for company customers (we must therefore keep in mind who our customers are and what they want).
The BA / Designer role within company is accountable to the CRM BA / Designer manager role and has the following key areas of responsibility:
- To provide technical and functional expertise on behalf of the company platform on regular cross-functional-team calls/workshops where the end to end solution is being discussed
- To be responsible for your deliverables throughout the end to end delivery cycle. This includes ensuring the requirement is expressed in such a way that the business is satisfied it represents what they have asked for, to supporting deliverables throughout build and test, up to company customer sign-off
- To contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures, ensuring that all relevant systems / tools are kept up to date (Storm, Rag etc ...)
- To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed as appropriate.
- To provide assistance in the resolutions of issues related to company (whether internal or Inlife, architectural or business related)
- To act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues. This might include ad-hoc requests for training / onsite visits to internal or even external clients.
- To input to cost/timescale solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or Business Unit/LoB teams
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects/operational support tasks as well as support negotiations.
- To mentor / manage people to deliver specific tasks or projects when appropriate
In addition, in line with the expectations of an Analyst, the role holder will be required to:
- Provide ICT advice and/or professional services to both internal and external clients.
- Provide support on projects, carrying out elements of the research, analysis and/or delivery.
- Provide operational support ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved.
- Sometimes lead on the delivery of specific components of a project.
- Draft reports and discuss recommendations based on research with their manager.
- Share expertise with peers.
- Provide on the job training to other team members.
- Support the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal, external and third party suppliers.
- Input to cost/timescales solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or business unit/LoB teams.
- Personally participate in and contribute to COMPANY wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within COMPANY and external industry.
- Use the relevant COMPANY wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
A salary of up-to £45,000 plus company benefits.