Role: Compliance Analyst
Artis recruitment is working with a well respected national law firm to recruit a Compliance Analyst to join their team of 9 compliance professionals in Bristol.
- Follow business acceptance procedures for all new clients and work of the firm.
- To conduct and begin analysing basic potential conflicts of interest by using conflicts database searches.
- To be alert to potential commercial conflicts and ensure these are handled appropriately.
- Perform sanctions checks and assist in the maintenance of the conflicts database.
- To escalate potential conflicts of interest to Team Manager (TM) and Risk.
- Speak to fee earners to gather relevant information in order to make informed decisions about potential basic conflicts.
- Ensure that conflict requests are claimed and followed through to conclusion.
- To analyse a range of potential conflicts of interest coving the firm's main practice areas and most common work types.
- To liaise with fee earners and others within the firm to mitigate any risks that are identified in conflict search results.
- To gain a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct rules relating to conflicts of interest and the duties of confidentiality and disclosure.
- To have an awareness of anti-money laundering regulations affecting law firms in relation to client due diligence (CDD).
- To review and analyse CDD documents to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations, identifying what is missing, and referring where necessary to TM or Risk.
- To review company information databases, research organisations, and conduct electronic verification searches on clients and third parties using bespoke software.
Experience and Skills:
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people of all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Accurate data inputting, attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills.
- Legal qualification desired but not essential.
- previous experience of working in compliance in the areas of conflict checking and CDD/KYC.
- A minimum of one year's experience of conflict checking is required for the compliance analyst role.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000