Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a Software Developer (Engineering & Electronics Manufacturing
) working remotely from home with one day per week in the Head Office near Taunton, Somerset
Operating from a purpose-built facility in Somerset; our client are market leaders in the design and assembly of equipment for testing electrical systems in Aerospace, Rail, specialist vehicles as well as in the Oil and Gas sector. The bespoke equipment is continually evolving and can be used by customers for new build equipment, as well as for MRO applications. The company is renowned for the reliability of its equipment and ongoing product development which enables them to be effective with increasingly sophisticated systems.
The annual salary is circa £45,000 - £50,000, PA
dependant on experience. The working hours are flexible, the office opens from 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Thursday & 8.45am-3.30pm on a Friday. The role is full time and you would need to start by 9.30am.
Due to current expansion, our client now requires an additional permanent .Net Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team! Working alongside other members of the software team you will be involved in the full development lifecycle on several exciting projects. This will involve gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders, working with the wider team to design, develop and test the company's industry leading Automated Test Management Software product. In addition to the .Net WPF and Microservices development the software team also maintain and support the company's legacy products, written in VB and embedded C. Key Responsibilities:
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Contribute to design for current products and be an active team player in developing future systems.
- Develop code to the required standard to support the product road map for the current generation of Automated Test Management Software.
- Ensuring code quality processes and procedures are followed and adhered to, especially regarding the release and regression testing of the core product.
- Assist the Sales team in understanding customer requirements and influencing the implementation of company Systems.
- Investigate opportunities for company products and ways to improve software functionality to meet the requirement.
- Provide support and advice, onsite if necessary, to customers on both existing and new products as appropriate.
- Supporting Customer Service Department in resolution of installation, commissioning and in-service issues or problems which will sometimes involve travel to customers' premises, possibly outside the UK.
- Good software engineering fundamentals and practical experience
- Microsoft C# .Net development knowledge with WPF
- Proven track record of software development
- Good knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
- Unit testing frameworks Nice to have
In return, you will benefit from:
- Experience with Git and TeamCity
- Understanding of SOAP/RESTful Web Services
- Experience of MVVM within a WPF application
- Experience in design and implementing Microservice
- Experience with VB & embedded C
- Basic understanding of testing Electronic Circuits
- Industrial application of software
- Company Pension.
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Onsite Parking.
- Career Development.
The closing date is 30th June 2021.To Apply:
Please follow the application process for the site advertised on or email your CV to Rebecca Griffiths, you can also find Rebecca on LinkedIn.