Senior Payroll Administrator (Permanent Position)
Who we are:
A Train operating Company who are the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard - a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel - relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team
The Payroll team is based in Bristol Temple Meads but the team members are currently working remotely from home due to Covid-19. The team is responsible for the production of weekly and four weekly payrolls. The team process all payroll data and assist with the resolution of payroll related queries from staff and external organisations.
About the job:
This position supports the payroll function. This will require processing of high-volume payroll data and provide day-to-day support and reports to customers. The position requires the flexibility to work across all entity payrolls to ensure a high-quality payroll service is delivered.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the calculation's statutory payments.
- Provide operational management and colleagues with support and assistance regarding sickness, maternity and paternity, annual leave and other payroll areas.
- Ensuring that all interfaces from internal and external sources are effectively checked and controlled before submission to the payroll system.
- Support payroll administrators. Help to resolve complex queries and cover their work as and when required.
- Ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Adhoc duties as and when required.
You'll need to be:
- Experienced in working in a large payroll department and working to tight deadlines.
- Experienced in dealing with multiple terms and conditions.
- Proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Professional, confident and act with a high level of integrity at all times.
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- Proven knowledge of UK payroll legislation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excel intermediate level and the ability to analysis data.
- Strong system skills and ideally Cyborg.
About the location:
The payroll office is currently located within Bristol Temple Meads train station but there will be a requirement for home working especially under the current climate.
Monday to Friday - 35 hours per week.
- Experience processing of large payrolls with complex terms and conditions.
- There will be a requirement to work occasional weekends and Bank Holidays to ensure payrolls are delivered on time.
- CIPP qualification or part qualification would be desirable.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
At we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work.