Location - Stoke Area
Contract - Permanent
Hours - 37.5 hours
Salary - £17,374.50 per annum
Age UK shops are vital in helping us raise essential funds to provide services and support for older people.
To ensure that we keep our shops stocked, we are recruiting for a Van Driver to collect, transfer and deliver stock from one shop to another.
This is an important role as it ensures stock is at the right location, at the right time, enabling the shops to generate income.
The role of a Van Driver can be physically demanding and will involve frequent lifting and moving heavy items of stock and furniture, often up and down stairs (as premises dictate.)
* Full UK drivers licence
* Excellent communication skills and enjoy positively communicating with a range of different people from customers, the public, work colleagues and volunteers
* Positive and flexible approach
* A passion for the work we do at Age UK
* Physically fit and able to carry out lifting duties
What we offer in return
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
* A generous pension - we will contribute up to 6%
* Healthcare cashback scheme - money back for routine dental & eye check-ups
* Great shopping discounts and rewards (perfect for pay day!)
* A welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done
* With over 250 stores you will be part of a team making a real difference to older people's lives
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.