Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm, and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. We are a legal services business powered by technology and led by people that support customers in every step of their case.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Property Lawyer to join our successful Residential team in Manchester.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we're building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company's future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of quality work.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.Duties will include:
- Providing the highest level of client care
- Undertake legal title checking, search and mortgage offer checking and client reporting
- Overseeing all the financial aspects of matters including billing and ledger management in order to achieve your personal fee budget
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- Where required you will also delegate work to more junior fee earners and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and deadlines are adhered to
- Participating, with other senior fee earners in marketing activities including networking and business development
- Liaising with company's shared service functions to ensure cash/billing targets are maintained
- Have full conduct of Residential Conveyancing transactions, ensuring fee earning work is undertaken in accordance with the Firm's quality and risk management procedures and in accordance with external regulations
What we offer in return:
- Knowledge and experience within Residential Conveyancing
- The ability to successfully manage an individual billing target
- Experience of working to key performance indicators
- A willingness to actively drive and encourage cross referrals
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An adaptable approach and the ability to foster a culture of positive change
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.