Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Retail Team Member plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?The Hours:
15 hours per weekThe Salary:
£8.91 per hourDuration:
Fixed Term Contract until 31 October 2021
What it's like to work here With its network of ancient streets, York's vibrant shopping scene is steeped in history and right there in the centre; on a little corner opposite the Minster is this city centre high street National Trust shops, just around the corner from Treasurer's House. As you'd expect for the National Trust - this is no ordinary shop. What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you'll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you're always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced, and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
As a key member of our retail team, you'll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you'll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.
Who we're looking for
- Customer focused with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player, but also can work on your own initiative
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.