My client is one of the world's largest law firms; they currently operate from over 35 offices globally and employ nearly 3500 Lawyers.
Their London office has first rate working conditions with plenty of light & space. They also have an on-site fitness centre, staff restaurant and one of best benefits packages in London.
They are looking for a Billing Assistant to join their Finance team on a permanent basis. The role will provide assistance and support to the Billing Team within the London office. You need to be able to work as part of a team and be able to work to tight deadlines. You will find you have exceptionally busy periods, particularly at month end, quarter ends and year end, when overtime will be expected in accordance with our overtime policy.Responsibilities
- Day-to-day billing support of Billing Team, including reviewing and preparing bills, amending, authorising, printing bills and collating documentation.
- Interacting with Partners, Fee Earners and Legal Support Staff.
- Chasing outstanding draft bills to include outstanding timesheets.
- Producing periodic reports.
- Preparing and amending pre-billing guides and draft invoices.
- Liaising with external suppliers for counsel fee requests.
- Delivering split bills for firm despatch.
- Processing time/costs transfers and write-offs.
- Cancelling invoices, printing credit notes, reissuing bills and filing credit notes.
- Running reports for WIP, online, open drafts, and pre-bill time.
- System maintenance, general administration and ad hoc requests.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role within a law firm environment.
- A good understanding of the financial processes that underpin billing activities is essential.
- Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise of a global professional services practice management system, together with sound knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, with an aptitude to follow processes, and instructions, plus understand new concepts quickly
- A flexible working approach and the confidence to communicate, both written and verbally, with people at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.