Your opportunity Are you naturally curious about the world and making things easier and better? Are you interested in being at the forefront of applying your technology skills to real world tax challenges? Our team are.
We work with clients to apply technology to the real world of data challenges in tax. From tax compliance to helping clients glean meaningful, actionable insights into their vast amount of data, to helping rid the world of financial crime and tax evasion.
Expand your skill set and take the opportunity to establish deep client relationships by building your portfolio with some of the largest and most influential companies around the world.
Join our team of over 75 strong individuals covering a wide range of specialisms from tax technology, investment management, real estate compliance and global information reporting which allows us to service a diverse range of clients.
You will get the opportunity to learn tax specific concepts from these subject matter experts (SMEs). We are a purpose led team with a stated goal of helping the world's largest financial institutions do their part to prevent tax evasion. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your Role
We are looking for a talented technologist who also wants a tax advisory career. Our Consultants take the lead on delivering key parts of our services. As a Consultant you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, alongside the technology skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients. We take individual development very seriously and as well as the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and challenging clients with direct interaction with the partners and directors in the team, you will also receive continuous on the job development. Our performance management process is structured, transparent and interactive, ensuring you receive ongoing supportive feedback to help you achieve your goals. Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location : You will be based in a Deloitte London office; however, travel may be required for client-based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles, but we make arrangements respectfully; there will be some opportunity for working from home depending on client and project demands.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time. This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements, that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our client management skills and collaborate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- IT graduate or other relevant qualification preferable
- Experience in SQL and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of C, C#, and JSON
- Experience working with ETL tools and processes for dataset preparation and management and an understanding of data concepts and modelling
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, QlikView or Microsoft Power BI
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
- Drive and spirit to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a positive approach to personal development
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team Responsibilities • Assisting with the development of new product offerings
- Helping to design and configure new technology solutions to enhance the way that our specialist teams deliver services
- Reviewing and analysing data to align with our clients' requirements and assisting with testing of our products
- Supporting the team with project-based work
- Working across the business with those that sit outside of your immediate team and building your network
- Working closely with our developer teams in the US, UK and India
- Participating in and facilitating technology demonstrations and training for clients and colleagues
- Development of the technical and operational skill set of junior team members
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
RTWPROGFor a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.