We require a dynamic, enthusiastic person to run our popular Out of School Service in the Oldfield Park area of Bath, including breakfast clubs, after school and holiday clubs.
The successful person will organise the delivery of the Ofsted framework, organise staff teams, plan programmes of activities and liaise with parents and schools on site. There are 3 out of school clubs based in local schools around the Oldfield Park area.
This special person will have had experience of working with primary aged children and be qualified in childcare or teaching. They must have had relevant experience of working with children and a love of every day being different. Our clubs are popular with children and parents and we value this work.
The post is for 34 hours a week and we offer a good salary. We also offer discounts on childcare and a discount for our health and fitness centre.
£22,100 per year for permanent position or £12.50 for a temporary positionExperience
- Up to 2 year's experience of a child care environment, preferably with 4-11 year oldsSupervisory experience
- Experience of dealing with child protection and safeguarding concernsDuties and Responsibilities
- To hold up-to-date knowledge of childcare related legislation and Ofsted requirements
- To develop policies, procedures, systems and standards for the Out of Schools clubs and ensure effective implementation and monitoring
- To develop and maintain relationships with OFTSED, social services and local schools
- To ensure all staff are fully informed and actively involved with the OFSTED procedures and policies
- To recruit, manage and co-ordinate the staff teams in YMCA Brunel Group out of school projects
- To support and develop the existing staff team; including holding regular staff meetings for sharing
information, planning programmes and activities and staff training
- To manage and monitor the operational budget for the out of school clubs, including income from fees, expenditure and highlighting any deficit areas as they arise
- To create links and promote Out of school clubs to local schools and communities with a view to extending
and developing the YMCA out of schools
- Dealing with parent enquires, queries and concerns on a daily basis, verbally, by email and phone
- Planning an exciting programme of activities for after school and holiday clubs with staff and children
- Leading on safeguarding and child protection for the Out of school clubs, ensuring staff are trained and clear on their responsibilities. Making timely referrals and seeking advice when needed
- Recruiting staff by working with HR to advertise, select for interview, interview and induct new staff
- Liaising with outside agencies
- Having a commitment to undertaking training and professional development
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with Matt on or email
If you know someone who would be great for this role we offer a "refer a friend scheme" worth £300 of vouchers