Project Manager- Belfast
REED Technology are delighted to partner with an educational organisation who are seeking to recruit a Project Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivery of quality digital support services prior to and during the transition of staff into the new Belfast office. The post holder will work closely with the Head of ISD GBD Delivery programme and Head of ICT Customer Services and Support to ensure all phases of the move into the Belfast office have been thoroughly planned and correctly resourced. The successful candidate will liaise closely with all stakeholders including building users, Strategic Programme Office, and Greater Belfast Development Project Team.
1. Negotiate with and manage the business relationships with external suppliers to ensure successful delivery of projects.
2. Create and maintain project plans
3. Work with other groups to ensure that resources are allocated according to the plan in order to ensure delivery to plan.
4. Develop and agree a detailed and comprehensive Transition Plan.
5. Maintain a detailed programme, which captures all activities and interdependencies associated with the delivery of transition activities, ensuring these are delivered in line with the programme.
6. Implement project management methodologies to ensure all IT user transition services are aligned to support the Re-location Project
7. Understand and influence customer demand for IT services and provision capacity to meet these demands,
8. Lead and advise on 1st line support service requirements based on stakeholder engagement that facilitate the outcomes customers want to achieve, understand the value of these services and manage all the costs and risks,
9. Coordinate and manage the flow of information between all stakeholders both internal and external to ensure the successful delivery of ISD plan and programme.
10. Plan the personnel and financial resources required for the service,
11. Take responsibility for all communications with customers about service levels, planned service levels, planned service level outages or service level disruptions,
12. Build, manage and maintain the business relationship with all key stakeholders in relation to your service responsibilities, both internally and externally
13. Plan and manage projects, including their resources, staff and budgets, and contribute to projects managed by other colleagues
• Educated to degree or postgraduate level in a related subject
• Project Management qualification
• Experience with project management of large scale IT Projects
• Excellent planning and monitoring skills with the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent problem solving ability
If you meet the above criteria then I would like to hear from you asap.
Please contact Niall Lennon on for a confidential discussion.