Your opportunityWe are looking for an Analyst to join our Stamp Taxes team in Cardiff. As an Analyst, you will be building your knowledge and expertise as a tax professional with us.
From day one, you will have access to senior leadership in the business to help you develop and grow your understanding of the commercial environment we operate in, develop your knowledge of Deloitte, our clients, industries and markets in a supportive and inclusive environment.
You will be supported in building your professional knowledge, internal and external networks, and be able to contribute to our overall success via team work and the production of high quality analysis and client deliverables.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Deloitte's Stamp Tax team are focused in delivering the very best advice to our clients, whilst supporting them in their compliance obligations and the claiming of stamp tax reliefs.
Your role will initially be focused on advising on the availability of stamp duty reliefs on transactions in UK securities, while managing the applications for those reliefs. You will learn about how complex corporate exemptions operate and the scope of anti-avoidance rules in respect of corporate restructurings and transactions in UK shares. This isn't just about understanding and explaining the law. The role requires an ability to extract and analyse facts so interpersonal skills and transaction or corporate document review skills are a key part together with an attention to detail. Over time, your role will develop to include advising on wider stamp tax transactions involving transfers of interests in UK land. You will receive training support, including the opportunity to take ATT exams.Your role
You will be a confident team member and your responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Supporting this high performing team by advising on a tax concerned exclusively with transactions in UK securities and land.
- The work will be weighted to compliance, but the advisory element will increase over time.
- Assisting corporate groups looking to reorganise their holding structures.
- Collation of information to support stamp tax advice and the availability of reliefs.
- Drafting of stamp tax analysis, advise and stamp duty relief claims.
- Organising and processing filings with the UK tax authorities.
- Working with the team in the analysis and interpretation of new legislation and case law.
- Working alongside our wider tax teams at all levels.
- Over time, your role will broaden beyond advising in UK securities to advising on transactions in land.
- Over time, you will also have the opportunity to liaise directly with our clients, and where appropriate, their lawyers.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the work pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time contract opportunity. We do adopt an agile working environment (including working from home as well as the office) so tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate it.Your professional experience
Our people are talented, out-going, and flexible individuals who are confident working side by side with senior personnel to become trusted business advisors. They have deep experience in their specialism but are able to adapt to the ever-evolving tax landscape.
- Be passionate about client service
- Be a strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills
- Have previous experience of working within a team
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
- Drive and spirit to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a positive approach to personal development
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- Legal work experience (as either a paralegal or administrator) or experience in a Tax role.
- A law degree or conversion course.
- Some basic understanding of corporate structures.
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.