Reed Education Reading are urgently seeking a part time SEN Learning Support Assistant
to work in the West Berkshire local authority to start immediately
Are you passionate about providing access to learning for vulnerable children? If so, this is a role where you will be able to give something back and provide much needed support for a student with special needs.
This position is working alongside a qualified specialist SEN teacher to support a pupil with autism for the summer term.
Due to the needs of the pupil, we are looking for an experienced (ideally qualified) Learning Support Assistant
, who has previously worked with autism in either a 1:1 or 2:1 capacity.The ideal applicant will have the following skills:
- Level 2 or above in Support Teaching and Learning (not essential).
- Experience and training in working with autism and complex needs such as OCD and EBD and speech and language difficulties (essential).
- Has worked with PECS (essential).
- Excellent behaviour management skills. Ideally Team Teach trained or equivalent (essential).
- Experience working with positive physical intervention (essential).
- As this is position will be supporting a high needs pupil, the successful applicant will need specific experience working with SEN, specifically ASC, OCD, EBD and speech and language difficulties.
This role is to start as soon as possible after the Easter break and will run for the summer term. Initially the role is on a part time three day per week basis, however as the pupil develops this will increase to a full time position.
If this is something you would be interested in, please get in touch as soon as possible.