A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant to join a commercial business who continue to grow. This is a key role that requires a confident self-starter who enjoys working in a hands-on environment with the willingness and ability to adapt to changing business requirements. You will equally have strong IT skills and ensure that robust processes are in place.
It is essential that you can demonstrate strong accounting acumen to include recording the day-to-day financial transactions. This is paramount in order to make a smooth transition into the role.
The role itself will primarily focus on financial accounting with some elements of management accounting.
Key duties will include:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Accruals & prepayments
- Processing supplier payment runs
- Accounts receivable and credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of TAX and VAT returns
- Ensuring statutory returns are submitted accurately and on-time
- Main point of contact for Auditors
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting
- Producing management reports on Excel for senior managers and directors
This is a varied role that requires excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with suppliers, customers and all areas of the business. In return for your skills you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a hands-on role where they will be an integral part of the Finance team.