The best we are is together.
At Virgin Money, the freedom to be your true self means everything to us. It's about bringing as much of yourself to work as you want and encouraging others to do the same. We all want to be ourselves, whoever that is, wherever that is. That sense of belonging is so important to us, we've made it a core part of our strategy. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers.
We want to share with you our amazing journey within the Digital space (... it's really out of this world) and would love for you to join us! We're working hard to transform the way we work, become more agile and to be best placed to provide first class services to our customers. The need to be on the go at a click of a button has never been greater and it's us to us to make that happen when it comes to Banking with us.
As a Microservice and Integration Developer you'll be responsible for development and implementation of Integration and Microservice based solutions from initial conception through completion in an Agile environment. You'll be supporting the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches enterprise, technical and functional requirements. Interested? Keep reading to find out more!
Day to day you'll be...
- Working as part of an agile team assisting in the evolution of the Java Microservice and Integration Platform to keep fit for the future to support changing requirements and working practices in a fast-changing technology landscape.
- Identifying, implementing or suggesting changes that improve service to internal and external customers.
- Working as part of a team to deliver and manage tasks across Java and ESB stacks, to deliver quality outputs in a timely fashion, that meet the needs of stakeholders; focusing not just on what is delivered, but equally focused on quality.
- Collaborating with other members of the team, to enhance their and your skills and manage multiple streams of work and see these through to completion.
To be brilliant you'll need to bring...
- Demonstrable experience in Java 7/8 development preferably at an enterprise scale OR demonstrable experience in IBM ESB or similar Middleware product, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology.
- Previous experience of Agile development with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.
- Some practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- SOAP/ REST Web Services
- SQL / ESQL
It's a bonus if you have below,?but?it's?not essential?...
- Any experience with Pega, BPM tool
- IBM Security Access Manager experience
- IBM - Datapower experience
- Atlassian Stack
- Unix / Linux
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the?"to be brilliant you'll need to bring"?section above, but the final section is?just our wish list, so please don't let that put you off applying, we'd love to hear from you!?
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension - we'll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits - customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application?
Point to note...
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit...
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
Advertised: 01 Jun 2021 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Jun 2021 GMT Daylight Time