At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our clients tell us they want to be told something about their business they don't already know, they want insights they aren't getting from their systems and people. A role in Assurance Data & Analytics gives you great access to a vast array of clients and their Data, with your findings backed by the powerful EY brand. The opportunity
Our clients range from household names, through to small businesses you simply wouldn't think exist.
A typical day probably doesn't exist, but if it did, it would involve talking to stakeholders to define the scope of an analysis, agreeing with a client's IT team how you'll receive the data, data wrangling and cleansing, followed by an analysis phase which could last minutes or weeks. All the work is project based, so there is plenty of variety.Qualifications:Your key responsibilities
After induction and onboarding you'll be assigned a portfolio of engagements to work on. You will then be responsible for:
Skills and attributes for success
- Owning deliverables through their lifecycle, with a mix of new and recurring work.
- Communicating with stakeholders and managers to handle issues and changes in timelines.
- Devising cunning technical solutions to requests and problems, then knowledge sharing these across our team of around 60 professionals.
- Identifying opportunities to make our work, more efficient or effective. Bringing innovative ideas to the leadership team for investment assessment.
- Doing all those things that a professional should, like thinking about data security, archiving, and quality.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A willingness to learn, to work outside your comfort zone, achieving a common goal, supported by a team with diverse backgrounds across a range of geographies.
- Evidence of a logical and detailed oriented mind, able to support our quality agenda compliance requirements.
- Experience owning deliverables and performing detailed self-review of work.
- Proven ability using technology and analytics to solve business problems, deliver insights, or create recommendations.
- Great written and verbal communication, presentation and client service.
- Strong team player with a solution focused attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines which typically occur during our busy period (Oct-April).
- Flexibility to travel and work in other locations
- Considered a master user of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience writing code in languages like SQL, Python, R, .NET, Java, VB, ACL, IDEA
- Data transformation and wrangling tools ranging from SSIS, through to Talend and Alteryx
- Building visualizations in tools like Spotfire, Tableau, or even D3JS
- Expertise in an industry or ERP system
- Awareness of techniques for handling large data sets, ~1bn records in a single table.
What we look for
- Experience demonstrating or presenting software/tools to internal or external stakeholders
- Experience working with complex financial or transactional data.
Passionate, data focused and driven professionals, who are keen to help improve the scope of managing data for our clients and stakeholders. A confident communicator and a team player. What we offer
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. Please note;
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters! EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.