This role is both home based and office based.
My client is looking for an experienced Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) who will, working alongside existing IQA staff, support all the organisation's delivery working across different programs and provision to ensure that Learning Coaches/Tutors are working to the highest of standards and meeting all the requirements to successfully achieve their learners on programme.
Their External Quality Assurers continually praise their delivery teams and internal quality processes and the client is wanting to build on this quality, so they can achieve a Grade 1 OFSTED.
Travel is essential for this role
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
As an IQA you are required to carry out the following duties in the context of our client's policies and practices, particularly Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
* Work with the Quality, Compliance and Safeguarding Manager to ensure the Quality Assurance (QA) strategy is fully implemented across the organisation in terms of, but not restricted to; IQA Sample Planning, Standardisation, Observations of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Site Support Visits, Coaching, CPD and Customer Service Calls to include invigilation
* Compile and maintain IQA Sampling Plans to cover all Learning Coaches and Qualifications
* Carry out and record appropriate Formative/Summative IQA duties according to the QA strategy
* Provide all requested reports to inform the Quality, Compliance and Safeguarding Manager and other Senior Managers and Directors of IQA activity
* Arrange and facilitate appropriate Standardisation activities and liaise with management for additional coaching and training activities when required
* Advise and guide Learning Coaches/Tutors on how to deliver programmes to ensure timely achievement of Qualifications, Frameworks and Standards to awarding body requirements
* Monitor and amend progress indicators as required and provide Learning Coaches/Tutors evaluations to support Performance Management
* Disseminate best practice through coaching and standardisation, incorporating latest information from awarding organisations and senior management.
* Ensure all appropriate paperwork, documents, online systems are utilised efficiently and stored in a safe and secure manner in accordance with GDPR.
* Attend External Quality Assurance (EQA) visits as required and follow up on any actions and recommendations to achieve/maintain Direct Claim Status
* Support the implementation on the Apprenticeship Standards including End Point Assessment (EPA)
* Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the organisation.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds