Our client is a global leader in higher education services with a mission to enable motivated people anywhere in the world to fulfil their potential through educational achievement, international mobility and career development. The business is embarking on a technology transformation creating new ways of working to make the most of its large core data sets, with the introduction of machine learning and AI, as well as establishing it's go forward technology platform and Cloud migration.
The Programme Manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that the company's Technology Transformation programme and its associated project(s) deliver the agreed outcomes within the specified constraints of cost, time, benefits and scope. As a Programme Manager you will be working with a global team in India, Australia and the UK.
* Coordinating and managing a dependent group of projects within the Technology Transformation
* Programme and BAU activities that deliver the required outcomes via influence.
* Manage the key business stakeholders (up to and including the Group Managing Director and CEO).
* Report progress to the Technology Transformation Steering Group and update plans following feedback from this group.
* Deliver the programme in accordance of Cost, Quality & Time parameters defined within the Project, including:
* Manage and deliver projects to agreed objectives
* Produce and monitor plans for delivery
* Produce and manage core project documentation
* Produce reporting relating to progress, risk management and issue identification
* Management and control of project financials
* Facilitate decisions and make recommendations about the prioritisation of project requests within area of responsibility.
* Manage and monitor a dynamic group of projects that will deliver business financial targets and non-tangible benefits contributing to the company vision
* Manage a variety of stakeholder expectations within all levels of the business: executive / senior management / operational / IT & Change / product mgmt. delivery disciplines.
* Troubleshoot areas of conflict between project resource / dependencies / financial control.
* Work with Stakeholders to ensure relevant contributions are being made and to build working relationships with different functions of the business.
* Utilise best practice tools and techniques to aid communication and understanding, ensuring project documentation is fit for purpose.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience.
* A formal project management qualification/ certification, ideally with agile methodologies.
* APM Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) accreditation or equivalent.
* Proven track record of successful programme delivery and benefits.
* Programme/Project management experience gained across a broad range of programmes/projects of varying size and complexity.
* Experience of participating throughout the full life cycle of programmes/projects.
* Experience of working in a multi-functional team, including experience of working with and selection of 3rd party suppliers.
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Familiarity with a range of programme/project management methodologies and the ability to adapt your approach.
* Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
* Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
* Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
* Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others