Head of Operations and Quality
£40,000-£45,000 per annum
Our client is a longstanding business which has successfully trained and supported thousands of people to become professional practitioners in Childcare, Adult Care, Management, Business Admin & Sports, Health & Wellbeing in London and the Home Counties. They offer employers a personalised service to directly address training/recruitment needs established through consultation & the conduct of a detailed organisational needs analysis.
The focus of the role is the strategic leadership and management of operational delivery, quality assurance and quality improvement across the business. This will be achieved through innovative approaches that set us aside from our competitors, are aligned to our values and lead to continuous quality improvement.
The Head of Operations and Quality will work as part of the Senior Management Team and closely with the Directors, with this in mind, one of the key success factors of the role is the ability to work as part of a team across departments to ensure strategic and tactical objectives are driven through the organisation.
The main duties for this role across key areas of the business to include:
Business Management and Performance:
* Data, statistics, analysis - make effective use of available data, report and analysis to monitor and manage performance and drive improvements
* Policy - take responsibility and ownership for the development and maintenance of polices
* Processes and procedures - take responsibility and ownership for the development and maintenance of processes and procedures
* To manage and develop the staff qualifications and occupational competence matrix.
* People management and performance - take the leading role in driving effective 1-1s, annual appraisal and performance review
* Curriculum - Oversee the curriculum design, development and implementation across all sectors and funding streams
* Teaching, training, assessment, marking - ensure system are in place to monitor these key delivery activities to ensure blended learning takes place effectively.
* Learner on-boarding - working with the CLs and sales team to ensure effective planning is in place
* Additional Learning Needs (ALN - Drive the development of the organisations ALN strategy
* Awarding Organisation (AO) - Take the leading role with new centre and scheme approvals
* IQA, standardisation, moderation, and appeals - Support the development of all IQA and standardisation.
* ESFA compliance - work closely with the Director of Corporate Services and Sales and the Data and Audit Administrator to ensure compliance.
* To be an Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Champion
* Ofsted, Deputy Nominee - To work very closely with the Managing Director in the capacity of Deputy Nominee.
* Take the lead role in management and maintenance of the Matrix accreditation.
* Safeguarding, The Prevent Duty, British Values, County Lines - To support the Managing Director and Designated Safeguarding Lead as required.
* Customer complaints - support the Director of Corporate Services and Sales with investigations into complaints.
* Innovation and Continuous Improvement - adopt an innovative approach to problem solving and new revenue generation.
The ideal candidate should have:
* Extensive experience of Ofsted inspections and a good understanding of the EIF
* Experience in developing and managing the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and Quality Improving Plan (QIP)
* Experience leading a providers' Awarding Organisation centre
* Leadership/ management qualification at level 3 or above
* Internal Quality Assurer qualification.
A full job description is available on request.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure