My client are looking for a Validation Engineer to join them on a full time basis at their head office based in Sunderland.
Key functions for this role include:
1. Commission, Debug electronic circuits, components and PCB assemblies for new product development and sustaining projects.
2. Design, setup and run tests to ensure the design meets specifications.
3. Maintain records and documentation on all tests and analysis.
4. Use industry standard development systems to achieve traceability and cross referencing for V&V.
5. Work within a small design team to complete assigned objectives.
6. Troubleshoot circuits from prototypes, development, and customer returns.
7. Be the key interface for overall system (HW/SW) for validation and alignment on test plan, priorities and execution.
8. Work with Engineering to improve checklist of verification and validation tests and to define criteria for entry into Validation phase. Identify and resolve validation blockers.
9. Drive closure of issues/findings.
10. Establish a disciplined reporting and communication dashboard of project risks & status with respect to quality and readiness for release.
11. Improve the scope and coverage of automated tests
12. Augment the validation lab and life test capability and proces
13. Perform change validation before ECN/ECO release