We are recruiting for a Business Intake Specialist to join one of our world-leading law firm clients.
The Business Intake Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of business intake processing: new clients, new matters for existing clients, revisions to existing clients and matters, new hires, information security, review of retention letters and waivers, and director/officer positions. The Business Intake Specialist will facilitate and monitor the workflow of new client matters through the intake program, provide data entry using Firm systems, provide team support services and assist in the resolution of any conflicts by working with various parties and resources.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and process all requests coming into the Business Intake Department (via e-mail, phone,or KENI). Perform preliminary research as to correct client status. Research new clients and other parties involved prior to assignment for conflicts searching.
- Handle requests for revisions to existing client and matter level records (including verification and any research needed).
- Process new client and new matter forms, ensuring clarity, completeness, and additional parties.Verify all information needed by Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Records, Pro Bono and IT staff is accurate using Special Accommodations, Electronic Billing, Billing Assistant assignment guidelines and policies.
- Prepare, assign, and monitor submissions which need additional approvals (pro bono, IP, Accommodation, SFA, etc.).
- Create, update and audit electronic information barriers and ethical walls (screens) in WallBuilder.
- Research (financial and media) and prepare submissions going to the New Matter ScreeningCommittee (NMSC), New Business Executive Committee (NBEC) and/or additional approvers.Monitor status on daily/weekly basis.
- Research (client identification and verification) and prepare submissions going to the MoneyLaundering Reporting Officer ("MLRO") for Firm required Anti-Money Laundering/Know YourClient approval.
The ideal candidate will have five years of relevant experience, including conflicts searching. They will have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to identify and analyse problems and find solutions.
If this role is of interest to you, please do apply!