Our Newcastle based client are currently looking for a Data Architect to join their organisation during an exciting time of change.
The vision is to develop impactful technology and build a digital culture that unleashes potential, is driven by customer needs, is diverse and truly inclusive and promotes employee flexibility, personal growth and professional development throughout the function.
Working alongside a team of Architects, and reporting into the Enterprise Architect. The Data Architect will define, justify and maintain the technology blueprint, standards, methods, principles, governance and technology systems architecture that will be used to support and deliver the Policing capabilities and future ways of working outlined in the company operating model and strategy. This will include:
- Aligning the IT Strategy with the company strategy and operating model
- Provide data consultancy and advise to the company and Digital Policing Colleagues
- Establish data governance across the company in collaboration with the information management unit.
- Be driven to gain greater value and insights from the data assets we create and utilise.
- Provide "big picture" oversight for the design and implementation of architecture across the company, ensuring solutions adhere to the
Digital Policing National and Local technology & data principles.
The successful candidate will Identify and drive opportunities for innovation through existing or future data capabilities, working closely with Corporate Development (who utilise QlikSense and other analysis tools) to provide data insights and business intelligence, and also working closely with the Solution Delivery team who provide data management, data stewardship and orchestration services for on site and cloud based systems.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have extensive experience of running a 24/7 ICT department supporting multiple locations. What will I be doing?
You will be accountable for the development of the integrated long term Data Blueprint Plan and Enterprise Data Roadmap developed to underpin the strategic priorities, including:
- Data stores and vendor tool evaluations (including ETL)
- Data policies, processes and standards
- Data architecture review and issue resolution
You will also be accountable for the development and implement of the reference, master and meta data and to document practises, including:
- Data quality management
- Data life-cycle management
- Corporate and regulatory compliance
You will be developing and implementing the enterprise data models including:
What do I need?
- Conceptual data modelling
- Canonical data modelling
- Logical data modelling
- Relational modelling
- Analytics modelling
- Experience of defining, leading and implementing Enterprise Data Governance and Principles.
- Detailed knowledge of integration architectures and technologies.
- Experience of managing and leading the performance of large IT suppliers.
- Evidence of strategic awareness, creativity and innovation.
- Experience of undertaking technical leadership for a team of senior technical roles, providing direction and influence to ensure completion of activities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A degree, HND or equivalent qualification, and/or have significant relevant experience.