This is an exciting opportunity for an Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join a highly innovative electronics technology development company with an option to work remotely ( Working From Home / WFH ), now and after Covid. The company are market leaders in their field, with ground-breaking safety critical motion control technology incorporating proximity sensors, RFID, embedded systems and complex 3D geometry algorithms. The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the full life cycle development of this software. Candidates should be self-motivated and ideally have experience working on the development of software for applications in a highly regulated industry such as Automotive, Aerospace, Defence or Medical.
Responsibilities of Embedded Software Engineer - Work from home
* Responsible for design and development of software (real time embedded and PC based applications) and control systems to meet the product requirements
* Define and manage control system requirements and test cases
* Contribute to controller architecture and algorithm design reviews
* Conduct root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and testing
* Communicate findings to engineers from different domains with varying experience levels
* Define and develop data capture and analysis methods and tools to present business information to users
Qualifications & Experience for Embedded Software Engineer - Work from home
* BEng / MEng degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical or Control Strong Object Oriented software design skills
* Proven software development experience, particularly with multi-threaded code desirable
* Strong Embedded C or C++ skills are desirable.
* Experience of working in a safety critical environment is desirable
* Experience of control system theory beneficial
* Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink
* Strong collaboration and communication skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Energetic, self-motivated team player who excels in developing solutions for complex systems
Location: Home based/Remote working/WFH anywhere in the south of the UK with occasional travel to the Hampshire office.
Salary: £40k - £60k + Bens