Are you currently looking for a new and rewarding teaching opportunity?
Reed Further Education are currently working with a prison in Barnard Castle who are currently recruiting for a Barbering Trainer
to join the education team on a full time and permanent basis.
HMP Deerbolt is a prison and young offender institution near Barnard Castle, County Durham for men aged 18 to 24. Deerbolt's education department is run by NOVUS and offers both full-time and part-time courses in a variety of subjects.
Students have the opportunity to improve their basic skills, learn new skills and gain qualifications, to help them gain future employment.
- Hours - Full Time (Mon-Fri approximately 37 hours)
- Role - Permanent
- Pay - £23k - £30k salary banding
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.To do this successfully you`ll need:
- Vocational qualification in delivery specialism
- Level 2 qualification in English and maths
- TAQA Assessor award/A1 or equivalent
- Minimum two years' vocational experience
- Track record of being an effective trainer
- Working in a custodial environment (desirable)
- Full Teaching Qualification (desirable - must be willing to work towards if not already held)
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting by REED and the prison**