Tradewind Manchester are supporting a two-form entry Prestwich-based primary school in recruiting a KS2 Teaching Assistant. This is a full-time role with an immediate start, then following an initial period working on a temporary basis (typically 16 weeks) this role could become permanent and you may be offered a school contract.
The school is seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to aid pupils in Key Stage 2 (Year 4) who require 121 support to enhance their learning development. To be considered for this position you must have a proven track record of supporting pupils who require developmental support, including academic interventions in reading/writing or maths; have strong language and literacy skills; be able to engage pupils and differentiate work according to academic levels; and a clear understanding of phonics. Strong behaviour management is especially important for this role.
To join us and be successful in this KS2 Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or relevant bachelor's degree
- Have Primary School experience, particularly in Lower KS2
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
This role will include:
-Teaching pupils with developmental difficulties in reading, writing or maths
-Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
-Assisting with behavioural support where necessary
-Supporting the school team to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for students to learn
About the school:
This school's staff support lower attaining students very well, allowing them to make valued and significant contributions to the school's culture. Parents echo this sentiment, feeling that the school develops their children well. The quality of teaching for KS2 has improved, and progress throughout the school has increased dramatically of late. The school's staff are very well supported and Teaching Assistants are effective and work very well with the children, building excellent relationships in the process.
About the role:
-Permanent Contract (following a typical 16-week temporary period working through Tradewind Manchester)
-Full time, 08:15-16:00
-Free onsite parking and close to local transport links from the city centre
-You may be required to assist with programmes outside the classroom and after school from time to time
The benefits of working as an experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant at this school include:
-Working in a friendly, supportive team
-Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
The benefits of working your initial temporary period in the role through Tradewind include:
-We offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor!
-Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
-Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
-Online Portal for your time sheets and to log your availability
-Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If this sounds like the perfect role for you:
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this KS2 Teaching Assistant position, located in Bury. For more information about the role, contact Cameron on /
More about Tradewind Recruitment:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer