Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for a Data Quality People Manager to join our team basedin Cheltenham. In this role you will provide leadership, management and career coaching to the team of Data Quality Analysts and will work with the Data Quality Product Owners to support the development of the Data Quality professional area. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, will receive a highly competitive salary of £36,001 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
HESA exists to enhance the competitive strength of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating data about the UK HE sector. We provide a trusted source of information, supporting better decision-making, and promoting public trust, to support this strategy.
Our strategy is delivered through our people. Ensuring that our staff have the skills, capabilities, and tools to do their jobs effectively is therefore a key theme underpinning all our activities and objectives. This includes providing opportunities for development, growth, and learning.
Responsibilities of our Data Quality People Manager:
- Managing the onboarding, training, development, performance management and career pathways of the team of data quality analysts
- Engaging with the leadership team to establish future resourcing and performance requirements, planning ahead to meet the needs of the business
- Monitoring the performance of individuals and setting objectives that align with the team and wider agency strategy
- Helping the team to reach high performance in relation to agreed measures, assisting in the identification and resolution of barriers to performance
- Providing input into capacity planning, advising on and contributing to the discussion on how to utilise resources to best effect and manage seasonality/flexibility in resource demand
- Conducting regular 1:!'s with the Data Quality Analysts, providing line management support, identifying training needs and development opportunities
What we're looking for in our Data Quality People Manager
- Coaching and management experience
- Very strong communication skills, such as active listening
- The ability to ask open questions and provide feedback
- Familiarity of Agile ways of working, ideally with experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience of managing through periods of organisational change is highly desirable, as is experience of developing career progression plans
Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
What can we offer you as our Data Quality People Manager?
The salary range for this post is £36,001 - £45,000 dependant on skills and experience. We offer an attractive package with initially 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; it is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click 'apply' today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Data Quality People Manager.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please.