The Senior Pricing Analyst is responsible for supporting our pricing strategy and execution across all products and markets. This includes working on data analytics, communication and reporting related to the execution new pricing and packaging methodologies. This role is also responsible to support the pricing team on large and complex deals and the sales teams in the UK, EMEA and APAC geographies.
This role works closely with stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Product, Content, Technology and Finance.
Key requirements of the role are experience in pricing (ideally B2B) to support the development and execution of best-practice pricing within a matrix organisation. The role holder must be capable of successfully partnering across multiple functions, working at both an operational and strategic level. The role requires outstanding analytical skills.
The role holder will be expected to have good knowledge across the range of best-practice B2B pricing capabilities, including: value-based pricing, market segmentation, willingness-to-pay research, product versioning, product packaging, price models/metrics, price setting, customer-level price targeting, discount frameworks and discount approval governance.
- Data analytics, communication and reporting related to the execution and go-to-market of new pricing and packaging methodologies
- Support the deal pricing team with data analysis and intelligence on complex global partnership deals and for sales teams outside the US
- Support the gNS pricing team in defining and creating reporting on pricing metrics
- Supporting the pricing strategy for all products and markets. Developing the prices (in line with the market segmentation model (in collaboration with the segment GMs), and the processes and tools to support this strategy
- Performing the analysis required to define launch prices for new products. Conducting market research as required (in partnership with the segment GMs) to measure customer willingness-to-pay
- Creating and updating reports to monitor performance of pricing for existing products
- Setting customer-level target prices for contract renewals and developing the supporting tools and processes
- Take responsibility for the governance of price approval for discounts and special pricing for countries outside the US. Approving discount requests for key deals. Regularly reviewing discount performance with the head of sales
- Performing the data analytics and support the communication for setting new packages (and where appropriate the content and functionality and product set) that are available for each market. Monitoring the success of packages in driving revenue and proactively identifying opportunities to improve packaging and pricing models
- Reporting and conducting ad-hoc analysis to support specific pricing projects
- Support the team in implementing the required tools and technology to support pricing and decision making in the ongoing development of front and back-office systems
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years of Professional experience in pricing, in particular B2B pricing, or management consulting
- Knowledge of, and experience in applying, pricing analysis and price execution
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, finance, applied mathematics or operational research
- Excellent analytical skills, including delivering insights from large datasets. Ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel and use data effectively to make recommendations
- Project management skills, delivering high quality results to planned timescales. Able to manage multiple concurrent projects, keeping stakeholders updated and planning resource requirements
- Proven Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills are critical and ability to use Tableau to create and manage pricing reports
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS - Ability to use large sets of data from multiple sources to create high quality reporting, clear and concise recommendations and ultimately drive better decisions.
- DRIVING EXECUTION - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality. Drive implementation and deliver high quality analysis and recommendations. Working closely with international sales and operation teams to support revenue and margin growth.
- PROBLEM SOLVING - resourceful and sophisticated problem solving skills using analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking - both independently and as part of a team. You can look at a situation, deconstruct, gather data (internal and external and create solutions that are credible, relevant and pragmatic
- DECISION MAKING - Make decisions that are fact based and with sometimes imperfect information. Makes timely decisions by balancing the need for action with the need for a fact based perspective that optimises use of data, intuition and expertise. Balance of risk and reward.
- HIGH IMPACT COMMUNICATION - Excellent communications and interpersonal skills: to influence at all stakeholders levels, to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this role and to explain complex issues in layman's terms to non-strategy people.
- COMMERCIAL ACUMEN -Using economic, financial, market and industry data to understand and improve business results; using your understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and organisation's position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
Values & Behaviours
- Collaborative - able to lead deliverables and also collaborate across the team
- Contributing to team success
- Personal integrity
- Trustworthy - Able to build trust and rapport
- Results oriented with focus on making things happen
- Iterative - able to track/measure initiatives and adjust course to ensure optimum success
- Optimistic attitude with good sense of humour