Do you have a Proven track record of having responsibility for the day to day management of volunteers and are passionate and enthusiastic about the benefits of great volunteer involvement?
Please note this is a fixed term contract ending on 02 June 2022
What it's like to work here
The Thames Valley is a major tourist destination, with historic houses, parks and gardens, cycling, walking and boating on the river. It's a beautiful area in which to live and work, with numerous small villages and towns in the countryside, yet good transport links to London by train and close to the east-west M4 motorway. The nearby thriving town of Reading with its range of housing types and prices, university and sporting facilities is the most important source for local visitors coming to the National Trust properties in this area. Basildon Park is just 12 miles from Greys Court, with nearby Nuffield Place - the third in the group, forming a close triangle of properties spilling out north across the valley.
What you'll be doing
You'll have a sound working knowledge and experience of volunteering principles and practice and will be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt your style and tone to meet the changing needs of your audience. You'll also be able to recognise the key differences between staff and volunteering roles, particularly the legal framework, the approach to reward and recognition, and dealing with challenging situations.Please see the role profile attached.
Who we're looking for
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of volunteering and be enthusiastic about promoting the benefits of great volunteer involvement and opportunities
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about working with volunteers and understand the differences between staff and volunteers, particularly the legal frameworks
- Have excellent customer services and communication skills
- Have a flexible approach and be a great team player, be able to lead on and work with other people's agendas towards a common purpose
- Be well organised and attentive to detail
- A sound working knowledge of volunteering principles and practice
- IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge and experience of budget management
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.