Digital Training Co-ordinatorExeter, 12 month contract
This role will be a critical part of the Learning and Development function, supporting digital transformation of the learning and development provision for Devon and Cornwall Police and Dorset Police. This will include designing, developing and delivering learning products through digital technology. This will include, but not limited to, provision of micro-learning products, self-directed online products through various digital technology to support organisational and operational training needs.
This role will also be responsible for supporting the CPD and development of wider L&D teams to encourage broader adoption of learning and development products via digital platforms and driving further opportunities and the road map for digitalisation of Learning and Development. Main responsibilities:
- Design and deliver a road map of activity for the digitalisation of Learning and Development across both Devon and Cornwall Police and Dorset Police, linked to the key priorities for learning and development.
- Design and implement a phased change programme linked to amendments in working practices, and delivery methods, including stakeholder engagement, focus groups and deliver to project timelines as required.
- Influence delivery methods and development of Learning and Development teams embedding innovation and alternative delivery methods with a focus on digitalisation, micro-learning and provision of self-directed learning products alongside national trends and evidence based best practice.
- Develop, design and support delivery of a broad range of innovative and digital learning products supporting every area of Learning & Development and in support of organisational training priorities. This includes CPD (continuing professional development), initial training products and activities for the Force to ensure the highest possible standards are in use across all training programmes.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders and practitioners within the department to provide supporting guidance, process and best practice documentation to support training delivery.
- Develop communication plans to promote learning opportunities, engagement through different mediums and link to national activities
- Liaise with relevant external bodies and ensure reference to appropriate guidance e.g. College of Policing, University, NPCC, MOPAC to develop training content that complies with the College of Policing and APP and is evidence based.
- Maintain occupational currency and a high level of knowledge through national research, horizon scanning, personal professional development and contact through internal and external forums and working groups.
- A recognised training/teaching qualification (e.g.City & Guilds Further Adult Education Certificate, Certificate of Education, Certificate in Training Practice or equivalent NVQ level III in Learning and Development) OR Similar extensive & relevant experience together with a commitment and potential to achieve such a qualification.
- A level 4 or above qualification in designing and developing digital learning content and be highly IT literate OR substantial experience of working in a digital learning environment.
- Proven technical and specialist subject matter knowledge and experience in the provision of digital learning.
- Knowledge of technological trends and developments in digital policing and to identify and exploit innovative opportunities that can be applied in a Learning and Development department.
The successful applicant will be subject to stringent vetting and referencing checks prior to commencing employment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.