Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Retail Assistant here at The Vyne in Hampshire, plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service.The Hours: 7.5 hours a week on Sunday & Monday afternoonDuration:12 month contract
What it's like to work here
This grand yet intimate family home is a treasure trove of rare artefacts, and we welcome people who can help bring The Vyne's unique heritage to life. The property's many attractions include a second-hand bookshop, two-floor café housed in a 17th century brew house and a working kitchen garden which provides delicious seasonal produce for visitors to purchase. You'll need passion and commitment to work at this fascinating property, however the variety and challenge of being part of the team offers many rewards.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you'll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you're always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
As a key member of our retail team, you'll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you'll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
- Customer focused with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player, but also can work on your own initiative
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.